Sri Lakshmi Pengal Munnetra Sangam (SLPMS) is a community organisation (CO) of women in sex work in Madurai district of Tamil Nadu State in India.
The CO, founded in 2007, is registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act,1975 and has 2089 members.
SLPMS aims to advocate for women in sex work and help them access government schemes and entitlements, and create linkages with other networks for members empowerment.
The CO provides many sevices to ensure members' good health and socioeconomic well being.
- Ensuring community's access to various government schemes and entitlements
- Promoting safety, security and justice measures through effective crisis response systems, access to legal services and linkages for trauma relief
- Building financial security by facilitating bank linkages, and access to insurance and pension schemes
- Implementing HIV prevention and care services including positive prevention, ART linkages, regular health check up
- Investing in institutional development through resource mobilisation, membership drives, partnership with government and non-governmental organisations and ensuring statutory compliance
The CO envisions being a self sustainable organisation that provides skill training for livelihood development of its members.