Dindigul Pengal Munnetra Sangam (DPMS) is a community organisation (CO) in Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu State in India. Founded in 2012, it works with the community of women in sex work.
DPMS supports 937 members and is registered under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975.
DPMS aims to help vulnerable women in sex work to be socially recognised, accepted and lead fulfilling lives.
DPMS's services to its members are designed to empower them and reduce their vulnerability to HIV/AIDS.
- Promoting safety, security and justice measures through effective crisis response systems, access to legal services and linkages for trauma relief
- Building financial security by facilitating bank linkages, and access to insurance and pension schemes
- Implementing HIV prevention and care services including positive prevention, ART linkages, regular health check up
- Enhancing access to social protection schemes from the government
- Investing in institutional development through resource mobilisation, membership drives, partnership with government and non-governmental organisations and ensuring statutory compliance
DPMS wants to be a self sustainable commuity organisation working to build the self confidence of female sex workers and their empowerment.